GBC CODE: T901
This program prepares you for employment or further on-the-job training as a technician in consumer, commercial or industrial electronics. This award-winning program (Program Excellence Award, Association of Canadian Community Colleges) regularly attracts thousands of students. For further information, call 416-415-4726 or email@example.com, or check out the certificate program website.
Fees for this program are $60 per module plus $285 for DVD OR CD which contains all the required course materials and software. International students pay the same fees with the posted exchange rate at the time of enrolment used to calculate the correct amount. Refunds are not available for the course materials. Telephone assistance is available Monday through Friday 9am to 10pm at 1-866-279-1457.
Electronics technicians typically assemble, install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade electronic systems and equipment.
A secondary school diploma with credits at the general level or approved equivalent or mature student status.
- Pentium or equivalent computer
- DVD or CD drive with a sound card
- 32 MB RAM at minimum
- 100 MB disk space free
- Windows Software NT/2000/XP/ME/Vista/7
- MAPI-compliant app like Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail or any other MAPI-compliant application
ADVANCED PROGRAM PLACEMENT:
Upon completion of this unique distance based program, your credits can transfer to a four-year Bachelor of Science program available by distance learning through our partner college, Athabasca University, and additionally to a George Brown Electronics Engineering Technician diploma program.
All of the coursework and required modules are completed from the comfort of your home. This includes review exercises, lab projects, reviews and exams via our interactive learning programs. The program package includes a DVD or CD which includes all of the 23 modules. These modules are delivered to you via text, video, animation, colour photographs, audio and many laboratory projects. Examinations are done online utilizing computer-based testing and lab projects are delivered to you using software simulators. This program has continuous intake, meaning you can enrol at any time and work at your own pace to complete your studies. Average completion time is 32 weeks, but there are no time limits. We suggest you complete the segments in the order shown below.
Compulsory Courses (twenty-three):
- ELNC 9034 Introduction to Electronics
- ELCL 9049 Current, Voltage and Resistance
- ELCL 9050 Ohm's Law, Power and Energy
- ELCL 9048 Series Circuits
- ELCL 9047 Parallel Circuits
- ELCL 9046 Series-Parallel Circuits
- ELNC 9036 DC Measuring Instruments
- ELCL 9045 Network Theorems
- ELCL 9044 Magnetism
- ELCL 9043 Magnetic Circuits
- ELCL 9042 Alternating Voltages and Currents
- ELCL 9041 AC Measuring Instruments
- ELCL 9040 Capacitance and Capacitors
- ELCL 9039 Inductance and Inductors
- ELNC 9033 Transformers
- ELCL 9038 Alternating Current Circuits
- ELNC 9032 Resonance
- ELNC 9031 Coupling and Filter Circuits
- ELNC 9030 Semiconductor Fundamentals
- ELNC 9037 Transistors and Thyristors
- ELNC 9029 Amplifier Circuits
- ELNC 9028 Integrated Circuits
- ELNC 9035 Digital Electronics