GBC CODE: T902
This program will teach you to work with complex pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, PLC and electronically controlled machines. You will acquire needed skills to test and install this equipment, advise users on regular maintenance and provide solutions to problems about control systems. For additional program information, call 416-415-4726 or email@example.com, or check out certificate program website.
There are fees for this program. $60 per module plus $285 for the required DVD which includes all required materials and software. International applicants pay the same fees in US dollars; exchange rates in effect at the time of registration are used to calculate the amount. No refunds will be given for the course materials. You can phone 1-866-279-1457 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 10pm for tutorial assistance.
Electromechanical Technicians will find opportunities in design and installation, technical sales and service, industrial maintenance and research and development.
A secondary school diploma with credits at or exceeding the general level or approved equivalent, or have mature student status.
- Pentium or equivalent computer
- CD or DVD drive with a sound card
- 32 MB RAM at minimum
- 100 MB free disk space
- Windows NT/2000/XP/ME/Vista/7
- MAPI-compliant application, like Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail
- Internet access
Completion of the Electronics Technician Certificate program exempts you from 18 of the modules in this program. You may transfer credits from this program to the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) Technician Certificate program as well.
You will complete each of the required components, including review exercises, lab projects and exams) from your own home by utilizing the interactive learning package. This package includes a CD or DVD which contains 24 modules. Each portion is delivered via text, video presentations, two and three dimensional animations, colour photographs, audio and extensive lab projects. Testing is done online via the use of computer-based testing while lab projects are delivered using software simulations. There is continuous intake for this program, meaning you can start at any time and complete modules on your own schedule. The average completion time is 34 weeks, but there are no minimum or maximum time limits enforced. You should complete the modules in the below order.
Compulsory Courses (twenty-four):
- ELNC 9034 Introduction to Electronics
- ELCL 9049 Current, Voltage and Resistance
- ELCL 9050 Ohm's Law, Power and Energy
- ELCL 9048 Series Circuits
- ELCL 9047 Parallel Circuits
- ELCL 9046 Series-Parallel Circuits
- ELNC 9036 DC Measuring Instruments
- ELNC 9053 Industrial Control Devices
- ELCL 9044 Magnetism
- ELCL 9059 DC Motors and Control Circuits
- ELCL 9042 Alternating Voltages and Currents
- ELCL 9041 AC Measuring Instruments
- ELCL 9040 Capacitance and Capacitors
- ELCL 9039 Inductance and Inductors
- ELNC 9033 Transformers
- ELNC 9056 AC Motors and Drives
- ELCL 9060 Analog and Digital Transducers
- ELNC 9055 Industrial Process Control
- ELNC 9030 Semiconductor Fundamentals
- ELNC 9037 Transistors and Thyristors
- ELNC 9029 Amplifier Circuits
- ELNC 9028 Integrated Circuits
- ELNC 9035 Digital Electronics
- ELNC 9054 Programmable Logic Controllers